Welcome to Year 2
Click on the photo to access the year group blog.
Spellings for Summer Term 1 may be found below:
Please click here to view the welcome booklet for Year Two 2016
Learning Challenge Curriculum
Where do and did the wheels on the bus go?
Year 1 will be learning to use world maps, atlases and globes to identify the United Kingdom and its countries. We will be building on our awareness of the past and how it is both similar and different to the present. Children will question:
- Where do we live and what is special about it?
- How many different ways could you travel around our country?
- Has it always been easy to travel around the UK?
- Can you recognise some objects which belong to the past?
Would you rather be a plant or an animal?
Year 1 will be investigating animals and plants. We will identify and name a variety of common plants and describe their basic structure. We will also be identifying and naming a variety of common animals which are birds.
- Can you name a variety of common wild and garden plants, and trees?
- Can you identify the petals, stem, leaf and root of a plant?
- Can you identify the roots, trunk, branches and leaves of a tree?
- How is an animal best suited to its environment?
- Can you describe what you can see and give your opinion about the work of an artist?
Calling all volunteers!
Last year the children enjoyed and greatly benefited from numerous parent volunteers who supported our curriculum themes, reading and invaluable school trips. This is a real strength of our school, and one which we are very keen to continue! Please do get in touch if you think you can help in any way.