Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
Every child is of equal importance and unique in their own way. All teachers at Burley Oaks are teachers of SEND who successfully provide for the diverse needs of pupils through good differentiated teaching. Children may require ‘additional ‘ or ‘different’ provision and the quality of their provision is relevant and matched to their individual needs.
At different times children may require different levels of support. We aim to:
- promote inclusion in the broadest sense
- ensure that all children’s needs are met through the culture, agreed practices and procedures, management and deployment of resources in school.
- facilitate early identification, assessment and provision for all pupils with special educational needs
- ensure that all pupils are in receipt of a broad and balanced curriculum which is well differentiated through a multi-disciplinary approach to match ability.
- ensure the wishes of the child are considered in light of their age and understanding alongside the views of individual parents
- ensure that professionals and parents are encouraged to work in partnership.
Mrs Liddle currently has responsibility for leading and managing the SEN provision in school whilst Mrs Isaac is on maternity leave. For more information about the role, please click here.
The processes and procedures for support children with SEN are outlined in a guide for parents. Please click here to view this.
The Local Authority must publish a 'Local Offer' which provides clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available to children with SEN and their parents. Burley oaks have also completed a 'school offer' Please click here for more information.
We encourage any parent with a question or concern regarding their child to contact Mrs Liddle or the class teacher.