Welcome to Year 2
Mrs HillYear 2 Class Teacher and Key Stage 1 Phase Leader
Mrs ArmstrongClass Teacher
Miss BeckClass Teacher
Mrs RamsdenHigher Level Teaching Assistant
Mrs FloodTeaching Assistant
Mrs LambertTeaching Assistant
Curriculum Content Newsletters
Please click here to view the welcome booklet for Year Two 2022.
To view current curriculum offer please click on the picture below.
To follow the class blog for 2E, please click here.
The previous blog may be found here.
To follow the class blog for 2F, please click here.Calling all volunteers!
Last year the children enjoyed and greatly benefited from numerous parent volunteers who supported our curriculum themes, reading and invaluable school trips. This is a real strength of our school, and one which we are very keen to continue! However, due to Covid 19 restrictions we are unable to welcome any visitors into school at the moment.
KS1 SATs Papers 2021
The Department for Education's intention is for no primary assessments to take place, including KS1 SATs in the 2020/21 academic year.
At Burley Oaks, we aim to keep the 'puzzles' and 'booklets' as low key as possible so that the children feel comfortable and able to show their learning. More often than not, the children don't even know they are doing a test.
The SATs are a series of standardised assessments for pupils, aimed at testing their learning progress. Year 2 pupils will sit these papers in May:
Maths (2 Papers)
- Paper 1 is a 25 mark arithmetic test; it usually takes around 15 minutes.
- Paper 2 involves reasoning, problem solving and mathematical fluency questions, and takes around 35 minutes.
Spelling and Grammar (2 Papers)
- Paper 1 is a 20 word spelling paper for 20 marks, and takes 15 minutes.
- Paper 2 is a reading booklet containing several different passages – usually around 900 words in total.
Reading (2 Papers)
- Paper 1 consists of a variety of texts totalling between 400-700 words. Pupils will have to answer questions throughout.
- Paper 2 consists of a reading booklet containing different passages of text. This will average out at roughly 900 words.
We will provide more information about how they will be delivered nearer the time.