Welcome to Year 2
Click on the photo to access the year group blog.
Learning Challenge Curriculum
What’s brilliant about Burley?
This geography theme will help to develop early fieldwork skills. We will be looking at our local area and exploring the features and landmarks that make it special, including making our very own map of Burley. As part of the topic, the children will be identifying seasonal and daily weather patterns in the United Kingdom and investigating how the weather changes with each season.
We will ask:
- When I walk around Burley, what do I see?
- Can I explain where I live? What is my address?
- What changes do we see in Burley with each season?
- What would you need to do to become the next weather presenter?
What is our school made of?
Year 2 will be identifying and comparing a range of everyday materials. They will explore how materials can be changed and will choose which materials are suited to a specific purpose. They will ask:
- What are the different parts of the school made of and why?
- How do materials change when we change the temperature?
- What if we were going to knock our school down and rebuild it, what jobs would we need to do, what materials would we use? Would it look different to our existing school?
Please click here to view some activities you may wish to do at home to help your child learn their times tables.
For the long term plan of the curriculum, please click here.
Please click here to view the welcome booklet for Year Two 2018.
Year Two SATs
Please click here to view the presentation which contains lots of information about SATs.
Calling all volunteers!
Last year the children enjoyed and greatly benefited from numerous parent volunteers who supported our curriculum themes, reading and invaluable school trips. This is a real strength of our school, and one which we are very keen to continue! Please do get in touch if you think you can help in any way.