Early Birds / Night Owls
Early Birds and Night Owls is our out of school club which aims to provide a safe, fun and caring playing/learning environment.
Early Birds begins at 8 am until school starts and costs £3.40 per session.
Night Owls runs from the end of the school day until 5.45 pm. Night Owls is split into two sessions from the end of school until 4.30pm and 4.30pm until 5.45pm at a cost of £5.85 per session.
Bookings for the clubs are taken on a half termly basis to accommodate parents' changes in circumstance/working patterns. Where a session/s are oversubscribed, the bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis. Bookings are made via an online form and parents will be advised when this is available.
Early Birds/Night Owls may be paid for using childcare vouchers. The following schemes are closed to new applicants:
- childcare vouchers
- childcare your employer arranges with a provider (known as ‘directly contracted childcare’)If you joined a childcare voucher scheme or a directly contracted childcare scheme on or before 4 October 2018
- If you joined one of these schemes on or before 4 October 2018 you might be able to keep getting vouchers or directly contracted childcare as long as:
- your wages were adjusted on or before 4 October 2018
- you stay with the same employer and they continue to run the scheme
- you do not take an unpaid career break of longer than a year.
How much you can take depends on the amount you earn and when you joined the scheme.
You can take up to £55 a week of your wages, which you do not pay tax or National Insurance on.
The new version of tax free child care can be accessed here and may support you to pay for before and after school club.