All children in reception class, year 1 and year 2 are provided with a free school meal – regardless of their parents' income. To have additional benefits it is important that you apply for 'free school meals' if you receive any of the benefits listed below.
Why are school meals so important?
School meals are a great way for your child to get a healthy, nutritious and balanced lunch.
If your child attends a tax-payer funded nursery or school, full time and in the Bradford district you may be able to get Free School Meals.
Do I need to apply for Free School Meals?
Families should apply if they get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school not Bradford Council)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
My children are going to get a Free School Meal anyway - why do I still need to apply?
If you are on any of the benefits listed above it’s important to still apply as any child registered for Free School Meals may get other help too:
- for every child registered, the school will get a “Pupil Premium”. This means the school gets £1,300 (Primary schools) or £935 (Secondary schools) per year for each child registered. This money is to help your child achieve their best at school.
- help with the cost of residential school trips
- help with travel costs to school
- help with school uniform costs
- help with council run music lessons at school
Click here to access further information and the application form.
School Meals Menu from 4 Nov 19 to 17 Apr 2020.
For the first half of the Spring Term, from Tuesday 7th January to Friday 14th February, dinner money is £1.90 per day, £9.50 per week, or total cost for 29 days is £55.10.
For the second half of the Spring Term, from Monday 24th February to Friday 3rd April, the total cost for 30 days is £57.10.
Pay online at www.parentpay.com
If you think your child should be getting a Free School Meal please apply using the link below: