Welcome to Burley Oaks Primary School. We hope you will enjoy your time at our school. Our main priority is to ensure that everyone who visits is aware of their responsibilities towards making sure all young people are safe.
If you are visiting the school, you will be required to show some ID to reception staff if you are not known to them as part of our Safeguarding/Child Protection policy. Please have this ready when you arrive.
Visitors and contractors will be given a badge that they should wear and display at all times when on the school premises. A full Visitor guide can be downloaded here.
Visitors to Moorlands Learning Trust Central Offices should report to the main office initially before entering the separate building/bungalow where they should sign in and out in the entrance area. Visitors to the MLT offices should be escorted to and from the premises with a member of MLT staff.
- Please ensure you are aware of the school’s Safeguarding Procedures including safer working practices, confidentiality and emergency procedures.
- Before helping in school, all adults working in regulated activity will have undertaken a DBS check appropriate to their role and will be asked to agree their acceptance of school policies at induction.
- Volunteers/adults are reminded that they may not support/help a child in isolation as a matter of safety for all. You must not have any physical contact with any student.
- You must never exchange personal contact details with a student or arrange to meet them outside of the school environment.
- The member of staff you are working with will be responsible for sharing other procedures and additional information specific to the context in which you will work.
- All matters relating to school should remain confidential.
- All contractors should check the school's asbestos plan and sign to say they have been provided with all recorded information on the location and condition of ACMs.
- If you hear the continuous sound of the fire alarm, please leave the building immediately by the nearest exit and assemble in the ball courts. Do not re-enter unless you are told to do so by the Head/Deputy Headteacher.
- Please familiarise yourself with the nearest fire exits and ensure that any furniture or equipment used does not obscure them.
- In the unlikely event of an accident to an adult or child, please inform a member of staff immediately. Some staff are first aid trained and all accidents or ‘near misses’ must be reported. You may be asked to complete an accident report form and we would appreciate your co-operation in doing so.
- If you see or hear something that concerns you, then please speak to a senior member of staff.
- Any safeguarding or child protection concerns should be immediately reported to a member of staff at the school office who will locate the DSL.
The fire alarm is tested weekly on Wednesday at 10am.
Parking at the School
Visitors are encouraged to follow the voluntary one-way system at school opening/closing times, entering Langford Lane from Station Road. The School has a car park which can be used if a space is available and would not obstruct staff members leaving school. There is ample parking available on Langford Lane at the roadside. Please let the school office know where you have parked.
There is ramp access across all of the ground floor of the school building and lift access to the first floor via the middle corridor. Should you require any assistance (especially in an emergency) please ask or make any specific needs known on arrival.
- The adult toilets are located opposite the staff room, where lockers are also available.
- Visitors and helpers are invited to use the staffroom and help themselves to tea/coffee.
- Glass may not be taken out of the staffroom and hot drinks can only be taken if in a thermos mug with a lid. This must be kept out of harm’s way.
- If you stay with us over lunchtime you can bring a packed lunch or on arrival you could order a school lunch. A variety of local coffee shops and a delicatessens are situated within a short walk.
- Burley Oaks operates a non-smoking policy on any part of the school site.
Access to the Internet:
All users of the school systems and Wi-Fi must comply with the Acceptable Use of ICT policy. Please ask our Network Manager for details of the BYOD policy.
- The use of personal mobile phones is not permitted during the school day.
- Images must not be taken of any child or adult without the prior approval of a staff member and only then on a school device.
Data Storage Devices:
The use of data sticks, CDs etc. is not permitted. Visitors may use their own laptops with our projectors/e-screens by prior arrangement.
All adults in school are expected to be an excellent role model to the children at all times.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers, visitors and outside agencies to share this commitment.
If you would like to share any comments after your visit, please contact email@example.com